Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Series: What primary, qualitative research provides, that nothing else can

In my next attempt at a blog series, I'd like to discuss and solicit conversation about the unique benefits of primary, qualitative (hopefully ethnographic!) research.

It is something that as anthropologists and researchers in business we are constantly struggling to argue and articulate. This becomes particularly interesting for marketers "In the Age of Analytics." If we have data, why do we need more?

I've created an initial list of topics that I hope to cover. This is clearly just a start, and I hope that as a community, we can come up with a comprehensive list and seal-tight articulation. As such, please feel free to agree, disagree, edit and add.

For Starters:
  • Business Immersion
  • Context
  • "Why?!"

No comments: